Many people don't have a deep understanding of functional food or health food. At first I was in the fog, thinking that functional food was not very different from the usual food. For example, bread is the need to solve the need of hunger. Coke solves the need for thirst, so bread and coke are also functional foods.
Definition of functional food
With the development of the times and the progress of society, people's demand for food is getting higher and higher, and the theme of food has also changed.
Early: to meet the needs of hunger (attention to survival);
Now: meet the needs of health and safety (reduce poisons, increase beneficial ingredients, shift concerns).
Future: meet the need to reduce disease risk (functional increase);
In fact, it is very early in the world to have a specific definition of functional food: internationally recognized - "functional food to meet the nutritional needs, to promote the health of the body, to reduce the risk of disease food". It can be seen that functional food has three requirements, and the highest level belongs to third requirements, which is to reduce health risks.
2. foreign history
In Japan, functional food started early in the middle of 70s. In the middle of 70s, the concept of functional food was put forward in Japan based on the potential problems brought by aging. It was at the time to improve the health of the Japanese elderly, thus alleviating the increasing pressure on the aging of the population in Japan.
The aging of the population in Europe was scattered with the shadow of World War II, and the concept of functional food was put forward in the 80s of last century. By the year 90s, the United States began to start legislation on functional food, thus legally determining the legal status of functional food.
The development of 3. functional food in China
Functional food in the Western Zhou period belongs to the food specialist, in general, it is the link between food and medical health, and the food therapy is very close to the connotation of functional food. Dietotherapy can use food to influence various aspects of the body's function, so as to get a healthy or more disease prevention method. Food is an edible substance for the human body to provide various nutrients needed for growth and development and healthy living. That is to say, the most important part of food is nutrition. In fact, Chinese medicine has long recognized that food can not only nourish, but also cure diseases and remove diseases. For example, Zhang Xichun, a modern physician, once pointed out in his "heart to heart" that "food" is not only a cure for diseases but also a hunger for patients.
What are the similarities and differences between foods, functional foods and medicines?
(1) the ninety-ninth article of the food safety law defines "food" as follows: food, refers to all kinds of products and raw materials for people to eat or drink, as well as articles which are traditionally both food and medicine, but not for the purpose of treatment.
Functional food is the health-care product we usually say, which regulates physiological activities and promotes health. It has a specific health function, that is, it is suitable for the specific people to eat, and has the function of regulating the body and is not for the purpose of treating disease. There are the following characteristics:
(1) food is non-toxic and harmless and meets the nutritional requirements.
(2) it has a specific health function.
(3) in view of the research and development of specific people who need to adjust the function of a certain aspect, there is no "old and young salty" health food that has the same role for anyone.
(4) not for the purpose of treatment, but not for drugs.
There is no essential difference between health foods (Health Food) and functional foods (Functional Food) in China. There are two reasons:
(GB 16740-1997) the general standard of health care (functional) food is attributable to two mandatory standards.
(2) from the definition of health food: the State Food and Drug Administration (State Food and Drug Administration) nineteenth order "health food registration management method" "" "second provisions of this method of health food, refers to the claim to have a specific health function or to supplement vitamins and minerals for the purpose of food. It is suitable for certain people to eat, have the function of regulating the body, not to treat the disease as the purpose, and do not produce any acute, subacute or chronic harm to the human body. "
Visible "specific health function" is a common feature of health food. At present, there are 27 kinds of health functions (health function) announced by health food in China.
As a matter of fact, people seem to be paying more attention to their own health problems. They also have extra energy and resources to invest in their own health. We hope that we have a comprehensive understanding of functional food and pay attention to the health of their own life.
The source of the article: the knowledge of the net